Navigating Your Career in Challenging Times – 5 Top Tips for Taking Back Control
Invitation to join “Ask Us Anything” 12/10/20
– hosted by the Career and Employability Service and Alumni Team
The last 7 months have knocked many people’s confidence about the future. So we thought it would be a good time to share some of our top tips to help you to take back control of your career planning and professional development.
1. Don’t believe everything you read in the news. There are still plenty of job opportunities out there. Use reliable sources of information. Remember, not all jobs are advertised, so be prepared to target employers and put yourself out there.
2. Give yourself time and space to refresh your career thinking. If you graduated within the last 5 years book an appointment with the Career and Employablity Service. Our website and resources are open to any graduate.
3. Be open to opportunities and allow yourself some flexibility. That way you will have greater choice and build up a track record of experience and skills to help you move closer to your career goal.
4. Connect with people and build your network – join our events and workshops with the Career and Employability Service and your Alumni Community, including LinkedIn. You don’t have to do this on your own. Save the date: Virtual Graduate Careers Fair 4th November.
5. Be prepared – keep your CV up to date and have a skills and experience portfolio ready to use when completing applications and preparing for interviews.
Your Invitation to Join Us
“Ask us Anything” Virtual Event: hosted by the University of Bradford Career and Employability Services and Alumni Team.
12th October – 5:00pm-6:00pm
You are invited to join us for a one hour informal get together with Career and Employability Services and Alumni team members on all things career related. This will provide an opportunity for graduates from all years to come together and share their career experiences, learn about new engagement opportunities provided by UoB and hear the latest news from staff members from Careers & Alumni.
This event will take place via various Zoom rooms, with each one led by either the Alumni Office or the Careers and Employability Services. If you attend you will have opportunities to speak, share your experiences of looking for a job after graduation, developing your career and share top-tips to your fellow Bradford Alumni; with it being a new academic year, following a very disrupted year, we thought this would be a nice opportunity to bring you all together for an informative session.
This will be an opportunity for you to find out more about how we can support you, including programmes such as the Bradford Graduate Internship (BGI) and our Mentoring Programme.
Whether you have just graduated in the last couple of years, or are further along in your career journey, we’d love to see you there.
Please join via the Zoom link around 5 minutes before the start time, you will receive this in the reminder e-mail.
Contact name and information
Thomas Whitford-Bartle & Patricia Farren (Co-organisers)