Below are a few things that you should definitely be thinking about If you’re completing your studies this year, so consider this a gentle reminder to get cracking if you haven’t already (and don’t worry, we’re here to help)…
1) YOU SHOULD BE: Thinking about postgraduate study
If you are passionate about your subject area, then why not develop your skills further with a postgraduate degree?
HOW WE CAN HELP: Our Career Consultants can offer advice about the types of courses available, explain how to make your application stand out and give an insight into what funding may be available.
2) YOU SHOULD BE: Looking for graduate jobs
Although graduate scheme applications are already well underway, there are still plenty of great opportunities for graduates out there.
HOW WE CAN HELP: Every Monday on Facebook we post graduate jobs picks including graduate schemes and other jobs related to your subjects that are recruiting now. We also offer advice and guidance from our Career Consultants about career planning and the labour market.
We’ve also got a Summer Careers Fair coming up on 25th May, which will have a range of employers offering immediate vacancies to get you started on your careers journey.
3) YOU SHOULD BE: Putting your applications together
Whether it’s for further study or a job, the application process can be tricky. It might also involve selection tests or assessment centres, so make sure you do your research and know your stuff.
HOW WE CAN HELP: We’ve a wealth of information on our website about all aspects of the application process, and we can offer advice on how to tailor your applications to each role to give yourself the best chance of getting shortlisted.
4) YOU SHOULD BE: Attending interviews
If all is going well, you’ll be invited for interviews to meet with your potential employer / educational establishment face to face. It pays to do your research and be prepared so that you feel confident and able to shine on the day.
HOW WE CAN HELP: We offer one-to-one appointments for mock interviews and interview prep sessions, and our website has loads of info on practical preparation and the type of questions that might come up.
5) YOU SHOULD BE: Aware that #teambradford graduates can use all our services for five years after graduation.
And there’s more ways that we can help you, including:
- The Graduate Programme events and help over the summer to help you transition into your Life After Uni.
- Build My Career, our interactive Careers resource with loads of great features
- Careers Workshops, on a variety of topics all designed to improve your knowledge and employability.
- Social Media updates on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
- Drop–in sessions for quick queries and initial CV checks, available every weekday from 10-12 and 1-3 in Careers reception, Student Central.
For more, get in touch with us– we’re here all summer!