Professor Brian Cantor Appointed as New Vice-Chancellor

I’m delighted to be among the first to congratulate Professor Brian Cantor on his appointment as the next Vice-Chancellor of the University. Brian has had a highly distinguished career as an academic in the field of engineering and for the last ten years has been a very successful VC at the University of York.

I know him well from meetings of Yorkshire Universities as well as through our membership of a number of Science and Innovation Boards in Yorkshire. I know he is very excited about working at Bradford and will bring great energy, commitment and vision to the role. I am sure colleagues across the University will both welcome Brian and commit to working with him for the benefit of the University.

Brian will take over the role on October 1 2013.  As I’ve noted before I was intending to leave my post at the end of June but, in order to ensure there is a smooth transition period for Brian, I will continue formally as the VC until Brian arrives. On the positive side I hope this arrangement will help Brian settle in to the University. On the negative side it does mean you’ll all have to put up with me for a few weeks more!

Wednesday, April 24th, 2013 in News