Estates Department – Green Impact Awards
Sylvia Lang, Maria Fernandez and Frances Johnson from the Estates Department who recently received four awards as recognition of their environmental work on campus at the Ecoversity Awards Ceremony.
At the Awards Ceremony we received:
- Silver Award for Green Impact,
- Best Energy Saving Idea – Green Impact,
- Environmental Hero – Green Impact,
- Two special awards from Ecoversity for Unsung Heroes.
The tireless efforts of the Estates team have also contributed to the University being recognised for its environmental performance as follows:
- Most Significant Improver award in the Environment Index won for rising from a rating of 15% to 85% and from Bronze to Silver – this index is a wide reaching formal analysis of our overall environmental performance (Business in the Community – BiTC)
- Winning the carbon reduction award for our work around reducing energy use and emissions (BiTC)
- Winning the sustainable travel award for our work around reducing the need to travel and providing non-car options (BiTC)
- 7th place in The Times Higher Green League (up from 10th last year)
- Highly Commended Green Gown award for Wellbeing on a Greener Campus (Continual Improvement Award – Specific Area)