Officers and Regions

KatieKatie Miller

UK & Eire Recruitment Manager/North West Region

I manage the UK & Eire Recruitment Team, and work specifically with schools and colleges in Bradford and across the North West Region.

As well as being a proud Bradfordian and a passionate advocate for the city, I have vast experience in recruitment and employability, and believe strongly in the importance of a successful career path at the end of a degree course.

I value the importance of providing reliable, inspiring guidance relating to Higher Education, ensuring potential University students are able to make informed decisions that suit their individual needs and enable them to embark on a rewarding career after graduating.

Get in touch: K.Miller2@bradford.ac.uk

Katie Miller, North West

RichardRichard Devany

Recruitment Events Manager

I work alongside Katie and the Recruitment Team, with specifically supporting Schools and Colleges by organising bespoke on-campus events for all year groups. From HE guidance and subject specific sessions, to workshops aimed at raising aspirations for going to university.

As well as this, I take the lead on Taster Days, Applicant Experience Days, Open Days, Summer School and the North and West Yorkshire UCAS Fair 2016 which will be held at the University of Bradford for the first time this year. I comes from a Project Management background having previously specialised in major outdoor events including working on the likes of London 2012 Olympics, Glastonbury Festival and more recently planned the delivery of the British Science Festival hosted here at the University of Bradford in 2015.

I’m here to support you and your students by offering a unique experience which enables students to make the right decisions about their future.

If you would like any more information about the events mentioned above, or how I can help you, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.

Get in touch: R.Devany@bradford.ac.uk

Richard Devany, On-campus

SamSamuel Ridley

UK & Eire Recruitment Officer/East Midlands Region

Working within the Recruitment and Outreach Team I act as an advocate for the University of Bradford and positively promote the benefits of Higher Education. I am focussed and passionate about supporting students in their journey to Higher Education.

I am specifically responsible for account managing institutions within the East Midlands region; establishing new stakeholders and strengthening existing relationships.

Furthermore, I manage the University’s ‘Central Student Ambassador Scheme’. This involves recruiting students, designing and delivering their training, allocating work and managing the ambassadors. Currently I am responsible for the management of 250 Student Ambassadors.

Get in touch: S.Ridley1@bradford.ac.uk

Samuel Ridley, East Midlands

Caroline

Caroline Priestley

UK & Eire Recruitment Officer/ North East Region

I have worked at the University of Bradford for 5 years, working first in the Faculty of Engineering and Informatics and currently as a Recruitment and Outreach Officer.

I work across all areas, covering UCAS events, talks and events in Schools and Colleges and I am the specialist Adult Learner Adviser. As part of this role, I work with Adult Learners who are returning to learn, offering support and guidance to help with the process of applying to university.

I also look after the North East region, which covers the area from Newcastle to Newark. As part of this work, I go into Schools and Colleges and offer a range of talks and sessions to help all age groups in raising their aspirations to go to university and in their transition to university.

Get in touch: C.Priestley4@bradford.ac.uk

Caroline Priestley, North East

NosheenNosheen Khan

UK & Eire Recruitment Officer/North London

Joining the team at the end of 2015, as a Recruitment and Outreach Officer my duties are to help students towards Higher Education and to promote The University of Bradford for its outstanding Facilities. I work alongside the team to attend careers fairs, deliver workshops on all aspects of Higher Education and liaise with academics at the University to deliver subject specific talks.

My Focus is to build new and existing relationships with Schools and Colleges by taking a lead in account managing the North London Region.

In addition to this, I also work very closely with Care Leavers and looked after children.  In essence, to allow them to have the individual support they may need in getting them in to Higher Education and for them to be able to have a direct point of contact for their University needs.

Get in touch: N.Khan75@bradford.ac.uk

Nosheen Khan, North London

Mohammed2Mohammed Amad

UK & Eire Recruitment Officer/South London

I will be representing the University of Bradford in the South London Region, my role is to create new links with schools and colleges in this area and also to build upon existing partnerships.

I am dedicated in supporting all students to achieve their Higher Education aspirations; so that learners can make a smooth transition to HE I deliver a range of talks and workshops that will give learners the skills to make a positive start to their university career.

Education is a powerful tool that can be used to enhance oneself and one’s environment, therefore it’s a privilege for me to support learners in taking the first steps on their journey to Higher Education.

Get in touch: M.A.Amad@bradford.ac.uk

Mohammed Amad, South London

ThomThomas Whitford-Bartle

UK & Eire Recruitment Officer/West Midlands

Having studied Psychology here at the University of Bradford for the past three years, immersing myself within the Student Experience and everything the University has to offer, I am very confident and passionate about engaging in conversation about student life, academia, employability and making the most of the University Experience.

As part of our Recruitment team I am responsible for managing our relationships with Schools and Colleges in the West-Midlands Region. I am also very happy to manage the Children’s University, a National Trust aimed towards 5-14 year olds, which encourages learning outside the Classroom, trying new extracurricular activities and rewarding individuals for doing so.

So if you have any queries about the University of Bradford, University Life in general, Higher Education Choices, the Children’s University or would like to build an effective relationship between your School and College please feel free to get in touch.

Get in touch: t.whitford-bartle1@bradford.ac.uk

Thomas Whitford-BartleWest Midlands

Sophie

Sophie Collins

HEART Collaborative Outreach Assistant

I moved to the North in 2011 to study at the University of Leeds. Since then I’ve become Yorkshire’s number one fan, and I’m proud to work for the University of Bradford.

I work within the West Yorkshire Higher Education Network, known as HEART (Higher Education: Access Rewarding Transforming), as part of a National Network of Collaborative Outreach.  My focus is on bringing the unique resources of the University of Bradford to partnered work across the region. Projects include the HEART Summer School, STEM outreach activity, and developing bespoke resources for schools. I am also the Project Manager for a Future Focused Careers Event, taking place in October 2016.

As a First Class Philosophy and English graduate, I know that Higher Education develops engaged, informed, critical thinkers. I’m passionate about insuring study is an option for anyone with the ability and motivation to succeed. Alongside this interest, I bring extensive experience working with young people, and of the education sector, to my role.

Get in touch: s.collins4@bradford.ac.uk

Sophie Collins, HEART