There is much coming up because I’ve been doing a lot of reflecting in my research journal on things that emerge through media outlets, which are intertwined with my research – especially some of my autoethnographic work.
My reflections and analyses include:
- Kissing on the lips
- male-to-male non-sexual touch
- the hairy male body
- the concept of the dad bod
- toxic masculinity and male disordered eating
- sex between straight men (this has caught my attention due to some reading I’ve been revisiting by Ward 2015)
- Masculism versus masculinism
- and don’t get me started on Gillette’s advert.
So, really what I’m saying is…watch this space…