or all PhD students and supervisors. It is highly recommended that you undertake this training
Are you a researcher looking to undertake a research study?
Have you considered ethics within your research study?
All staff and students must consider the ethical implications of any research they undertake.
University research ethics approval is required before you start your research project.
To support staff and students to better understand research ethics, and how to obtain ethics approval, the University has launched an online Information and Training module on the Blackboard system.
This module is open to all staff and students (self-registration). To access the module, please follow the steps below:
- You should set aside 45 minutes to complete this Information and Training module.
- Log in to Blackboard using your username and password.
- Once you are logged in, type into the ORGANISATIONS search tool Ethics and press enter.
- Your search result will show the ‘Research-Ethics: RKTS Research Ethics Online Training module’.
- Please click on the training module, this will take you to a specific online Information and Training page which contains the Information presentations and a short assessment.
NOTE: You do not need to complete the Information slides and assessment at the same time.
When you click on to the page, you must read the information under the Announcement screen and follow the instructions.
The Information and presentations are saved under the ‘Information Tab’.
All participants need to complete the assessment at the end of the Information slides, this can be found under the ‘Assessment Tab’.
The assessment is based on the Information within the presentations. All participants are expected to achieve 100%, and your assessment mark will be recorded centrally.
NOTE – this online Information and Training module does not replace any local training offered within your Faculties and the training offered twice each academic year by the Research Support Team.
Should you have any queries, please email email@example.com