Here are links to resources and texts that other researchers have found useful.
- Advice on improving your academic English in 10 minutes per week.
- Leicester’s dos and don’ts of research writing.
- Purdue Owl – an informative online grammar and punctuation guide for HE.
- Dr Delderfield’s guide to the process of writing a reflective assignment. Scroll down for the download at the bottom.
- The Manchester Phrasebank – an excellent resource when editing a draft for scholarly style and expression.
- Elsevier’s Researcher Academy Writing Skills Modules – online modules to improve the quality of your writing.
- In the library, as recommended by other doctoral researchers:
- English and reflective writing skills in medicine: a guide for medical students and doctors by Handler, Clive E; Handler, Charlotte; Gill, Deborah.
- Successful academic writing by Gillett, Andy; Hammond, Angela; Martala-Lockett, Mary
- Academic writing: a handbook for international students by Bailey, Stephen
- Critical reading and writing for postgraduates by Wallace, Mike; Wray, Alison
- Critical thinking and persuasive writing for postgraduates by Katz, Louise
And if you would like tailored support with writing skills development, please book an appointment with Dr Russell Delderfield.