Mr Paul Thorning (Director of Life Sciences Business and Community & IPI Centre for Industrial Collaboration) and Dr Qun Shao (China Programme Manager) are currently taking part in the Biobridge Mission in China. Over the last few days they have been involved in the following:
- Visiting Chinese Chamber of Commerce Import & Export for Medicines and Health Products.
- Taken part in a round table discussion with Lord Green, UK Minister for Trade & Investment along with key Chinese government stakeholders such as the National Development and Reform Commission, Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Science & Technology.
- Visiting the Beijing Development Area
- Visiting China National Centre for Biotechnology Development
- Visiting Beijing Biotech and Pharma Centre
- Visiting PKU (Peking University) International Hospital.
Now in transit to Shanghai they are looking forward to the second leg of the mission, which will involve:
- A visit to Jiatong School of Medicine & New Summit Biopharm
- Meetings with both Xiaoming Shen, Vice Mayor of Shanghai Bio Office and Jingwu Zang, Senior Vice President Glaxo Smith Kline Research and Development.
- They will then transfer to Suzhou to visit the Biobay and the University before departing back to the UK.
Once back in the UK they will have a few weeks to recover before their next trip to China for a University organised workshop on biomedical materials and repair. Keep you posted…