The current job market is seriously scarce; it is almost impossible to get a job with 21% of graduates being unemployed once leaving university, check out this Guardian article.
So the question you all may be asking yourselves is ‘how do I get a job’? You’ve got a degree; you’ve graduated, you’ve even had a couple of interviews but still not job.
Follow these interview tips and you should be on your way to securing a job:
- Know your employer – make sure that you have done thorough research on the company so the employer knows that you are genuinely interesting in working for the company
- Read the job description – think about how you can relate your experiences to the job description, this could be through previous jobs or education
- Good quality CV – make sure your CV is up to date and that it is tailored specifically for the job you are applying for, always think does my CV match what they are looking for
- Practice question – this is essential in securing a job, you need to make sure you have practices possible question that may come up and master the correct answers
More interview tips
- Smile and look confident
- Show that you are the best by setting yourself apart
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions about the role you are applying for, this will demonstrate more interest on your part
- Act shy
- Fidget when you are taking your interview
- Sound dishonest,
- Try to be all things to all people, you need to discuss your weaknesses as you are human and everyone has weaknesses but do not disclose weaknesses that would cost you the job e.g. you are unpunctual
Take a look at this article it will help you with preparing for your interview.